Friday, December 3, 2010

NEWS UPDATE

Yo! How's tricks? Here's the latest bits of news:

- CRUCIAL 'ZINE #7 is coming together nicely. It will be the final issue based in Cambridge, as I'll be moving back to Greece in January/February. Hopefully it will be out in time for the Hard Skin gig at the Portland Arms on the 17th of December. There should be some pretty sweet covers (yes, that's plural) and wicked interviews. Can't really let anything out of the bag just yet, but it will be sweet.

- Shirts have been ordered. Thanks to everyone who expressed an interest, I'll get in touch with you as soon as I get them. For anyone else who might want one, I have ordered a few extras in Black and Navy Blue. Speaking of random merch, I've also got a few patches printed up by the cool people at Ska Mutiny Records. I've given a few out, will probably stick the rest up for sale. £1 sounds alright, yeah?

- NASA astrobiologists have discovered a bacterium which uses arsenic instead of phosphorus as its building blocks. I aksed Crucial 'Zine's resident organic chemist about what this actually means:

"Thats the equivalent of the theoretical silicon based life form. Like carbon and silicon; arsenic has the same valency as phosphorus so can bond in the same way but is much 'larger' by which I mean its valence electrons are much further from its positively charged nucleus so any bonds it forms would be significantly weaker (I think. Fuck. I'm losing it), but that is besides the point. That's pretty immense. I'm assuming they believe it has simply adapted from an existing phosphorus utilising lifeform due to a constraining environment? If it just adapted for a laugh...that would be taking the piss. "

More news soon!