Sunday, January 21, 2018

THE FLAME STILL BURNS.

Yo!

It’s been a while since the last proper update, so here’s the latest:

There are only a handful of hard copies from issue 8 and the Winter Holiday Special, so get in touch if you want either of them. There won’t get reprinted any time soon.

I have started working on issue 9 and (as always) I am seeking for collaborators. If you dig hardcore, have a sense of humor and are good at anything – from writing and drawing, to knitting and sciencing – give me a shout. I aim to have it ready in March, so expect mini updates along the way.

One *major* change will be that from now on, hard-copies of the zine will come with a price tag. Unfortunately, printing prices have changed a fair bit since the first issue dropped in 2008 and it is just too costly maintain these days as a one-man operation. I don't like the idea of begging for advertising from labels and distros (which aren't exactly raking it in in the first place) so I figured I'd bite the bullet and stick a modest price tag and see how it goes. Don’t worry though, I am not out to fund a drugs and prostitutes habit, it will be available more or less at cost (donations, as some very kind souls have already made, are always cool though). In any case, it will be about the cost of a beer at a DIY show and you will still be able to download and/or read it for free online though.

I have been a bit lazy with the CB1 collection, but it’s on its way. I’ve been resizing a bunch of stuff and have some shitty pixeling to consider, as well as remastering some of the bonus stuff. I’ll start shopping around for prices when I have a draft copy and get to y’all with some of the neat ideas I have.

PS: September this year marks the 10th anniversary of Crucial Zine, so I should probably arrange some big event or something. *Wink wink*.